Kg Silam, a coastal village on the Lahad Datu-Tawau highway was said to have been the place where Lahad Datu first started, but because of the pirates attacks, it was moved to the present site where Lahad Datu town is right now. The Idahan Community from Madai/Baturong went to Kg Silam to sell their goods including the bird's nests and other forest products.
The Idahan who used to be pagan converted to Islam and most of them as now Muslim..
Kementerian Pelancongan Kesenian Dan Alam Sekitar Sabah
Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka
Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia
- ► 2010 (53)
- Lahad Datu Started At Kg Silam
- PSMCS Constitution
- Fund Raising And Anniversary Dinner Planned
- PSMCS Records Its Condolence
- Cooperation with UiTM
- Cooperation With UMS
- Waiting For The Date To Meet With The Adviser
- Selamat Hari Raya
- First Management Committee Meeting
- Second Finance Committee Meeting
- Tawau Started At The Tawau River
- Kg Tawau Lama Where Tawau Town Is Said To Have Sta...
- The Old Mostyn Estate Primary School Still Stands
- What Used To Be Mostyn Estate
- The Japanese Occupation Left These Wooden Structur...
- Kunak Is The Nearest Town To Madai/Baturong
- You Could Visit This Information Centre To Visit B...
- No One Knows
- The Idahan Community At Madai/Baturong Formed Vari...
- It Was Aki Apoi Who First Founded Madai/Baturong
- The Idahan At Madai/Baturong Kunak Is Related To B...
- ▼ November (22)