Friday, November 13, 2009
Tawau Started At The Tawau River
There used to be an island at the mouth of the the Tawau River, but it is no more there now. The Bugis Community said they were the earliest as 'tawao' in their language means 'it is theirs', but the Tidung Community said they were the earliest, where 'tawau' means the hook and it was the answer given to the British traders who had asked them where the Tawau River was. Thinking that the British was asking what they were doing, they replied 'tawau' which means fishing.
Kementerian Pelancongan Kesenian Dan Alam Sekitar Sabah
Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka
Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia
- ► 2010 (53)
- Lahad Datu Started At Kg Silam
- PSMCS Constitution
- Fund Raising And Anniversary Dinner Planned
- PSMCS Records Its Condolence
- Cooperation with UiTM
- Cooperation With UMS
- Waiting For The Date To Meet With The Adviser
- Selamat Hari Raya
- First Management Committee Meeting
- Second Finance Committee Meeting
- Tawau Started At The Tawau River
- Kg Tawau Lama Where Tawau Town Is Said To Have Sta...
- The Old Mostyn Estate Primary School Still Stands
- What Used To Be Mostyn Estate
- The Japanese Occupation Left These Wooden Structur...
- Kunak Is The Nearest Town To Madai/Baturong
- You Could Visit This Information Centre To Visit B...
- No One Knows
- The Idahan Community At Madai/Baturong Formed Vari...
- It Was Aki Apoi Who First Founded Madai/Baturong
- The Idahan At Madai/Baturong Kunak Is Related To B...
- ▼ November (22)